Friday, February 13, 2009

New job on the horizon!

A lot's been going on here on the east end of Windsor lately... but there's even MORE going on in the west end––we're moving! Again, yes. Back to the old homestead from whence we came. It's been under repairs and renovations for the last year and a half, and aside from the final cleaning and painting of some of the rooms, it's ready to be lived in again. :)

But that's not the new job on the horizon. The new job is a very exciting opportunity to do some illustrations for a narrated story/animated movie! When I was first approached with the job outline, I thought it would be your traditional animation with moving characters and so on (which I've always been fascinated by but have never spent any time learning much about or how to do it), but I was shown a sample of one of their last stories and they take still illustrations and just zoom in and pan out a various times to create a sort of "animated slideshow" of the story that's being narrated.

Anyway, I was given the manuscript a couple weeks ago, did a few character concept sketches and a mockup of one fully laid-out illustration, and I've been hired! :D I'm so excited!!

The targeted deadline is the end of March, and since there are to be 20-some fully illustrated scenes, I'm gonna be working like a house on fire! I start storyboard sketches this weekend for first-draft approval, and the goal is to start the approved drawings sometime in the last week of February!

I'll keep you posted. :)

1 comments:

Rachel Starr Thomson February 13, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

Well, that's really cool! Who hired you?

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP